Banner Before Header

16 hurt in Manila LPG explosion

0 135
AT least 16 persons were injured when a liquefied petroleum product (LPG) tank exploded inside a laundry shop in Malate, Manila Monday night, January 30, 2023.

Police report showed the explosion took place around 7:20 pm at the 360 Wash Laundry Shop located at Mac Torre Residence along 2223 Fidel Reyes St., Bgy. 708, Malate.

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said the blaze was raised at first alarm before it was contained at 7:34 pm.

Initial reports from the BFP said the cause of fire was a gas leak from an LPG which caused the explosion.  It was learned that most of the victims were bystanders at a billiard hall at the second level of the laundry shop.

In a television interview, one of the victims claimed that they were talking with his friends at the second floor when the explosion occurred.

Most of the victims sustained wounds in different parts of their bodies after shards from a glass sliding door hit them.

According to the owner of the laundry shop, two LPG tanks were delivered to them earlier in the day for their clothes’ dryer, but it was discovered that only one was connected. The other one had a line dangling which may have caused the gas leak.

The shop’s owner promised to shoulder all the medical expenses of the victims, while the victims’ families are mulling filing charges against the laundry shop owner.

Leave A Reply